cant defeat black warship. impossible at 2 chilli

Discuss Clash of Warlords here

cant defeat black warship. impossible at 2 chilli

Postby Andynguy » Sat Jul 28, 2018 3:15 am

any tips to pass this campaign? on using particular heroes or troops? most of them dont last after the laser and bombing
Andynguy

Re: cant defeat black warship. impossible at 2 chilli

Postby Jerthrwicked » Sun Aug 05, 2018 2:39 am

Yah. Its just stupid. Been stuck on this onr for over year. Ive tried everything. Pretty sure it isnt beatable in its present state without an impossible amount of rng going your way
Jerthrwicked

Postby Amlatan » Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:36 pm

Yes! I made it! Destroyed the black warship with 3 Chillies in my first Red Cliffs trial and in the fifth battle trial against the black warship.

I used Zhuge Liang with Liu Bei as Heros, Zhuge maximized on Command & Intelligence, Liu Bei on intelligence.
As troops I used as many Eagle Guards as possible and additionally Warlocks, Taoists and a couple of Tortoises.
Tactic cars Rocket Launching, Readiness, Sharpen Mages and Harden Infantries (because I thought in the beginning that I need infantry also).

In the battle itself, I concentrated the fire on the back "fire towers", then on the bomb throwing towers in the second line and only in the end on the front.
Was a though fight, but in the end I had 200 eagle guards, 30 Warlocks and 3 tortoises left.

The next map, "Cao Cao in despire", was not so difficult.
Attachments
1.JPG
1.JPG (73.66 KiB) Viewed 334 times
Amlatan

Postby Amlatan » Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:44 pm

Here also screenshots with the equipment I used.

In the retrospective, I could have optimized even more. For example:
- other tactic cards (wood & gold instead of Harden Infantry and Sharpen Mages)
- more archer, no taoists at all
Attachments
3.JPG
3.JPG (57.88 KiB) Viewed 334 times
2.JPG
2.JPG (56.57 KiB) Viewed 334 times
Amlatan

Postby thedark » Thu Aug 23, 2018 12:57 pm

Amlatan wrote:Here also screenshots with the equipment I used.

In the retrospective, I could have optimized even more. For example:
- other tactic cards (wood & gold instead of Harden Infantry and Sharpen Mages)
- more archer, no taoists at all

you are amazing, im still stuck in it with even thought my equipment better than yours
thank you so much to guide us how to clear it
thedark

Postby thedark » Sat Aug 25, 2018 3:31 am

still cant beat it with 330 eagle guard, 77 enchanter, 25 tortoise without Taoist and Spiritual Crown that you had worn, gosh, im helpless
thedark

Postby Amlatan » Fri Aug 31, 2018 3:39 pm

Hmm, what shall I say - I defeated to Black Warship two more times. One time on 2 Chillies (to get the Blitz achievement) and one time on 4 Chillies (to get the Crown achievement).
I tried different equipment and tactics, but in the end I won the battle with the same tactic as the first time:
- Eagle Guards and Warlocks making as much damage as possible to the rear towers and then to the middle towers
- Tortoises (and a few Taoists as long as they are surviving) fighting against the warship ghosts and keeping them away from the heroes and the Eagle Guards / Warlocks
-> therefore I put the Guards and Warlocks to the top, then both heroes, then Taoists, then the tortoises (which I split up to two groups)
- Zhuge Liang and Liu Bei (both wearing a Spiritual Crown) using as much mana as possible to heal with help of the crown
- Liu Bei casting as much as possible Peptalk on the Eagle Guards and the other rounds healing or fighting against the ghosts
- Zhuge Liang casting Wise Counsel on the Eagle Guards and fighting the ghosts or the ship

The last time I gave Zhuge Liang the "Twin Swords" so that the Eagle Guards make another 30% more damage. Also was working. I think it's also possible (but harder) to win the battle with only on Spiritual Crown.
And yes, you also need to be lucky that the warship is not using the laser or fire in the first 2 oder 3 rounds (until the first rear tower is destroyed, better until both rear towers are destroyed which takes me usually 4 rounds). I also needed more than 10 trials each time to win the battle.
Amlatan

Postby Amlatan » Fri Aug 31, 2018 3:59 pm

Here the two battle results
Attachments
IMG_0084.PNG
IMG_0084.PNG (128.58 KiB) Viewed 272 times
IMG_0083.PNG
IMG_0083.PNG (131.19 KiB) Viewed 272 times
Amlatan

Postby thedark » Sun Sep 09, 2018 12:57 pm

Well, the critical problem is i dont have any spiritual crown, eventhough i did spent over 5k coin to ruby still aint got none of them, very bad luck for me
thedark

Postby thedark » Thu Sep 13, 2018 1:35 am

Finally i got myself 2 spiritual crown and beat it when that thing begin throw out winged guy, now im trying to get hwang zhong, thank you again for your worthy advice
thedark

Postby Amlatan » Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:44 pm

Hey, gratulations! :)
Happy that you made it! Although I don’t want to know how much money you spent... I was lucky to get the two crowns without any payment.

Another question: What do you think, is it better to buy rubys or gold chests in order to find red equipment?
Amlatan

Postby thedark » Fri Sep 21, 2018 1:40 pm

Amlatan wrote:Hey, gratulations! :)
Happy that you made it! Although I don’t want to know how much money you spent... I was lucky to get the two crowns without any payment.

Another question: What do you think, is it better to buy rubys or gold chests in order to find red equipment?

ruby way much better
thedark

Return to General Discussion